Hi from Landshut, Bavaria!
I´m Lenz, DL8RDL and I use VarAC since August 2022.
How does Irad and the community think about this suggestion?
Would there be another way to "organize" the chats somehow? I´m runnig out of ideas but I think:
- add a blank line when the other station trasnsmits
- add no blank line when one station transmits mor than one line
- my transmissions start at column 0 in the window, remote transmissions start at e.g. column 15
- remote transmissions are displayed in another window which could be fixed or floating
- there could be three floating windwos (optional, advanced mode :-)
window 1: my transmissions
window 2: remote transmissions
window 3: system information like "SENDING BEACON"
The user would be able to rearrange the windows customized.
73 de Lenz,
I had many of those thoughts when I started it. I have decided I want to go with a "chat like" experiance - a UX that we are know from things like messanger, whatsapp etc. One big stream of all. I have decided that colors are the way to go with this and I still believe it is the UX I want to keep for now. I do have plans to use "chat bubbles" at some point to make it more "slick" but it will still remain a single data stream.