Possibly / probably user error, but I can't figure out how.
VarAC 7.0.8, VARA FM 4.2.8
A local ham and I were trying VMAIL for the first time. We had +20 signals both ways. We each tried to send to the other and got two different behaviors.
- We each entered a message when not connected. Each got the "Message queued... will be sent when connected." message.
- We then connected.
- My message sent, but remained in the outbox. It was resent on each subsequent connection.
- His message was not sent, but remained in the outbox.
- After the first connection, he correctly got the red New VMAIL button. Mine remained No new VMAIL.
- After 3 connections, he had three (duplicate) messages in his Inbox, and one message in his Outbox. I had only the message in my Outbox, and nothing in sent.
Are we missing a step somehow?
It does sound like a skew issue. VarAC 7.0.8 will only forward VMAILS if you QSY from the CF if your AUTO-QSY feature is enabled.
I would need to see a datastream log of the sequenc of events in your communication between you two to understand what is going on.
1. Can you send the section of those links you mentioned ?
2. Can you also send the VarAC.log file ?
3. Can you send 4 screenshots of your mailbox (INBOX/OUTBOX/SEND/PARKING)
4.Send me a screenshot of your VarAC settings screen