I have vmail in my outbox and might only see the recipient online once every 2 or 3 weeks because I'm away or they are. However, I can see in the beacon list that the station was on whilst I was away.
It would be useful if Varac checked for the presence of the beacon for every callsign you have outgoing mail for and if a beacon matches, it automatically initiates a connection request just to deliver the vmail. This could be a tick box so that stations could disable the feature if they didn't want their station to auto connect in their absence.
This would make delivery of vmails much quicker.
1. Sure one person present is not perfect but it is much better then no one. So its a fair compromise.
2. VARA can't be trusted to detect signals correctly. BUSY indicator is far from being accurate.
3. Sure I can. But this does not solve the issue of validating that the freq is not in use by other VARA QSos who chose to be there, Olivia or Packet signals etc...
Having Auto-QSY as it is today (with one side supervision) was step I rejected for many months... In the end I have found a way to minize the risk there. But I do not see how I can minimize the risk with a fully automated solution with zero human supervison.
Thanks for your feature request submisson.
1. VarAC will not auto-forward Vmails on the CF as it sill jam the CF completely. From V7 VarAC will only forward Vmails after QSY if in Auto-QSY mode but you have a human supervision as one side is present to make sure the target freq is free.
2. Fully automating this required automated QSY system with no human supervision. That 2 station will auto QSY together to another frequency without someone validating that the freq is in use. This is a big NO NO on my end.
Due to the 2 reasons I mentioned - I am unable to provide with a valid solution at the moment and will reject this ask.